- Paper: "The Holy Alliance vs. the Quadruple Alliance: Two Contrasting Views on
the Vienna Peace Order"
International Conference "Vienna 1815. The Making of a European Security Culture"
Royal Netherlands Academy of Arts and Sciences
Amsterdam / The Hague, 5-7 November 2014
- Paper: "In the Service or Russia: Western Travelers on the Littoral of the Black Sea (1800-1830)"
Conference of the Black Sea Project "The Economic and Social Development of the Port-Cities of the Southern Black Sea Coast, Late 18th - Beginning of the 20th century"
Ionian University, Institute for Mediterranean Studies/FORTH & Boğaziçi University
Istanbul, 23-26 October 2014
- Paper: "100 Years Great War - 200 Years Congress of Vienna"
XI Forte de Copacabana, International Security Conference "Multilateral Security Governance"
Organized by CEBRI & Konrad Adenauer Foundation
Rio de Janeiro, 9-10 October 2014
- Article: "The Congress of Vienna: A Peace for the Strong", History Today, Vol. 64, Issue 9, September 2014
- Paper: "Peace for Europe, War to the Sultan? Russia and the Paradoxes of the Eastern Question, from Vienna to Laibach"
International Conference "The Congress of Vienna and its Global Dimension"
University of Vienna, 18-22 September 2014
- Article: "Philhellenism and Russian Ambitions in the Context of the Eastern Question", in Φιλελληνισμός. Το ενδιαφέρον για την Ελλάδα και τους Έλληνες από την Επανάσταση ως σήμερα [Philhellenism: Sympathy for Greece and the Greeks, from the Revolution to Our Days], ed. Anna Mandilara, Georgios Nikolaou, Lambros Filitouris and Nikolais Anastassopoulos (Athens: Herodotus, 2014), pp. 739-766.
- Paper: "Odessa, berceau de la Grèce moderne: Aux origines secrètes de la Philiki Eteria"
[Odessa, the Cradle of Modern Greece: On the Secret Origins of Filiki Eteria]
International Conference "Activité révolutionnaire et sociétés secrètes en Europe: La Philiki Eteria"
University of Ioannina & Municipality of Nikolaus Skoufas, Arta - Komboti (Greece), 26-27 July 2014
- Paper: "The Ghost of Empire? Reinterpreting the European Union"
SIHN Workshop "Nation and Empire in the Age of Internationalism"
University of Sydney, 21 July 2014
- Paper: "Family Matters: The Diplomacy of Peace after the Congress of Vienna"
Cultures of Diplomacy Workshop
University of Sydney, 16-18 July 2014
- NEW! Book: Reinventarea tradiției: Alexandru Sturdza și Europa Sfintei Alianțe
Romanian translation by Gabriela and Alexandru Şiclovan, Chişinău, Cartier, 2014, 600 p.
- Article: "‘L'Europe élargie’ d'après 1989: comment se réorienter dans la pensée?" ["Enlarged Europe" after 1989: What Does it Mean to Reorient Our Thinking?], Questions Internationales 68, July-August 2014.
- Article: "Le réseau épistolaire d'Alexandre et Roxandre Stourdza: une médiation triangulaire entre Occident, Russie et Sud-Est européen"
[The Correspondence Network of Alexander and Roxandra Sturdza: a Triangular Intermediation between Russia, Western and South-Eastern Europe],
Journal of South-East European Studies 51, no. 1-4, 2013, pp. 291-320.
- Media: "Lessons, warnings in a centuries-old peace".
Harvard conference takes a look back at Congress of Vienna
Interview conducted by Corydon Ireland for Harvard Gazette, 8 April 2014
- Article (with David Armitage): "The Power of Peace: Why 1814 Might Matter More than 1914",
E-International Relations, 7 April 2014
- Conference: "The Power of Peace: New Perspectives on the Congress of Vienna (1814-1815)"
Organized by David Armitage and Stella Ghervas
Center for European Studies & Harvard International and Global History Seminar
Harvard University, 11 April 2014, 2:00-6:00 pm
- Paper: "‘Peace is for the Strong, War is for the Weak’: The Congress of Vienna as
an Instrument of Power"
Conference "The Power of Peace: New Perspectives on the Congress of Vienna (1814-1815)"
Center for European Studies, Harvard University, 11 April 2014, 2:00-6:00 pm
- Paper: "Balance of Power vs. Perpetual Peace: Paradigms of European Order
from Utrecht to Vienna, 1713-1815"
Harvard International and Global History Seminar (HIGHS)
Harvard University, CGIS-South (1730 Cambridge Street), S-050, 26 March 2014, 4.00 PM
- Paper: "Is ‘Empire’ Resurrected or Defeated? Reinterpreting the EU"
21st International Conference of Europeanists
Washington D.C., 14-16 March 2014
- Workshop: "Languages and Practices of Democracy in Greece c. 1750-1860"
"Re-Imagining Democracy in the Mediterranean, 1750-1860"
Oxford University, Athens, 10-11 January 2014
- Paper: "Can a European Peace System Be an Antidote to a Continental Empire?
The Congress System as an Experiment"
Interdisciplinary Conference "EUtROPEs. The Paradox of European Empire", University of Chicago
University of Chicago Center in Paris, 5-7 December 2013
- Paper: "How To Build a Peaceful European System? Paradoxes and Lessons from
the post-Napoleonic order"
Visiting Scholars Seminar: New Research on Europe, Center for European Studies
Harvard University, 20 November 2013, 12.15 PM
- Paper: "Utrecht's Legacy and the Plans of Perpetual Peace: An Ex-post Historical Critique"
Conference "The Art of Peace Making", 100 Years Peace Palace & 300 Years Peace of Utrecht
Utrecht University, 19 September & Peace Palace, The Hague, 20 September 2013
- Paper: "Philhellenism and Russian Ambitions in the Context of the Eastern Question"
International Conference "L'intérêt pour la Grèce et les Grecs, de 1821 à aujourd'hui"
University of Ioannina & Municipality of Nikolaus Skoufas, Arta (Greece), 5-7 July 2013
- Video Lecture "L'Europe n'est-elle qu'une idée?" (Is Europe only an Idea?)
23ème Carrefour de la Pensée, Le Mans (France), 15 March 2013
Published June 2013